Hajiji with MIDE Minister Datuk Phoong Jin Zhe and other State Cabinet members before the briefing starts.
KOTA KINABALU: Sabah’s overall approved foreign and domestic investments in the manufacturing sector since September 2020 are estimated at RM17.41 billion from 73 companies.
Industrial Development and Entrepreneurship Ministry’s (MIDE) Permanent Secretary Datuk Thomas Logijin said of these 73 companies, 52 have already set up businesses in the state with a total investment of RM7.8 billion, creating 3,636 jobs.
He said this during the Chief Minister Datuk Seri Haji Hajiji Haji Noor’s working visit to the Ministry here today.
The visit to MIDE marked the end of the Chief Minister’s visit to all state ministries beginning last year to hear progress and implementation of on-going programmes and new plans going forward.
Thomas said from 2022 to 2024 Sabah also received new investment proposals worth an additional RM42.3 billion offering 32,996 jobs, including from Esteel Enterprise Sabah Sdn Bhd (RM19.6 billion), which are currently being finalised.
According to him, Esteel had already received its Federal Manufacturing License (FML) on January 24 this year for its Phase One project costing RM5.77 billion at the Sipitang Oil and Gas Park (SOGIP).
He said the others included Curix Sdn Bhd (KKIP), Kibing Group’s third production line (KKIP), Tex Evolusi Waste Management Sdn Bhd (SOGIP) and E Concern (Borneo)
Sdn Bhd (SOGIP).
Thomas said MIDE is also currently coordinating the latest investment proposals from the Kibing Group at Kimanis, TS Asia Green Infrastructure Sdn Bhd at POIC Lahad Datu and PMB Technology/Press Metal in Sipitang.
“Overall, Sabah stands to gain RM58.319 billion worth of investments,” he said.


































